We all know that India is a great place, but here are 10 things we as Indians need to sort out.
10 Reasons Why I Just F**King Love My Country India: Yes, I’m being sarcastic. And here is why
1. It’s a place where ordinary citizens get beaten up for asking people not to litter.
2. The people of our great nation crib about corruption, yet would not hesitate for one second before bribing an official.
3. Employment is abundant. But not in India. One out of every three youth are unemployed.
We like to call this “Demographic Dividend.”
4. The ones that are lucky enough to study in our “top colleges,” go for high paying jobs overseas.
We like to call this “Brain Drain.”
5. Our society has a PhD in Advanced Hypocrisy.
“Hey, let’s ban consensual sex between same gender couples and say nothing when girls get molested. Because you know, hetero!”
6. In my glorious nation, people get sent to jail for putting stuff up on Facebook. Awesome!
7. We deify our cricketers. And treat Olympians like trash.
This is Sita Sahu. At the 2011 Special Olympics in Athens, she did the nation proud by bagging two Bronze medals. She now has to sell Gol Gappas for a living.
8. We love the drivel that Sajid Khan throws at us but couldn't care less for meaningful cinema.
Screw that shit. Who needs it when you have “Humshakals?”
9. It’s a place where a former Chief Minister of one of India’s biggest states can say this;
[youtube height=”500″ width=”800″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-YETjlzxv0[/youtube]
10. And in the same state, law and order can deteriorate to such an extent that young girls can be raped, burnt and hung from a tree.
[youtube height=”500″ width=”800″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SDkI11FJI4[/youtube]
And the current Chief Minister reacts thusly.
Man. I really fucking love my country. But sarcasm won't really help. We have a lot of soul searching to do. Every single one of us is responsible for what this country is and what it will become. A lot of us are working tirelessly to make sure that our country has a bright future. But even if all of us can't make big changes or help others directly, let's just try to be good, conscientious and law abiding citizens. For now, that will do.
[divider scroll_text=”Back To Top”]