The Nobel laureate André Gide once said “It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves – in finding themselves.” Adventure may mean different things to different individuals. As kids the greatest adventure for us would be to conjure ways to remain awake past the bedtime. With passage of time, our priorities and choices both change. While some find refuge in travelling, others indulge in reading or playing video games. However there are some who love to get high on the adrenaline rush. They engage in activities such as extreme sports or action sports to feel the blood pumping through their veins.
Adrenaline junkies are everywhere. We all have that one friend who always wants you to try out different extreme sports with them and just never seems to have enough thrill in their lives. Well if it sounds like you might just be that person, you should try some of these activities… this is adrenaline junkiedom taken to a whole new and insane level. The acrophobia is one of the most insane fears that someone may have. People suffering from this phobia may panic and put others in danger present. The truth is that deep down we all have some of this fear of heights, which causes that butterflies in the stomach, which makes the bag shrink and wrinkle smiley (do not know how it feels related in women) and that gives us an extra dose of adrenaline . Something which causes only view the photos that illustrate this post.
Adrenaline junkie or not, these 28 photos will definitely get your pulse racing. Just a word of caution – you might be tempted to pack your bags and leave on a vacation.
1. Cliff camping.
2. Every single thing that the Ukrainian daredevil “Mustang Wanted” does.
3. White water kayaking in Chile.
4. Ice climbing a waterfall.
5. Doing some yoga on Norway‘s Trolltunga.
6. Swinging at La Casa Del Arbol
7. Again with the cliff camping!
8. Climbing in Cabo San Lucas
9. John Roberts, climbin’ around South Africa
10. Kjeregbolten boulder in Rogaland, Norway
Was this photo really worth it!?
11. Traversing the Death Trail on Mt. Huashan in China
The trail name should have been a dead giveaway…
12. This outrageous dive into oblivion.
13. This bridge in Sequim, Washington
Because there are no safer places in the world to cuddle.
14. Base jumping: A sport invented by people who absolutely can’t get enough death-defying danger in their lives.
15. Iranian ice climbing
16. Redwood tree climbing
Because people will climb just about anything.
17. Extreme kayaking at Victoria Falls.
“Extreme” being the operative word here…
18. Alex Honnold, one of the world’s most daring free-climbers, resting in the middle of a climb.
Free climbing is doing incredibly dangerous, advanced climbs like you see the sponsored guys do…without ropes or harnesses. AKA it’s absolutely nuts.
19. Trapeze paragliding
Since those two things weren’t big enough adrenaline rushes on their own…?
20. Taking slack-lining to a whole new level…
21. This bike trail along the Cliffs of Moher.
22. Extreme urban exploration
23. Climbing around the Escalando Mountains.
24.This outrageous example of extreme skiing.
25. Rappelling into the “Fantastic Pit” cave in Mexico.
26. A very different view of Rio de Janeiro.
27. More shenanigans from Mustang Wanted!
28. Hanging out anywhere with Kirill Oreshkin, also known as “Russia’s Spiderman.”
What do YOU think…are these guys crazy or awesome?
[divider scroll_text=”Back To Top”]