It's hard to imagine what our lives would be like without Google — that all-knowing, all-powerful search engine that seems to run our lives both on and off the Internet. Here are 5 Facts You Didn't Know About Google
While Google may know pretty much everything about us, there's still quite a bit we don't know about our favorite minimalist homepage.
[youtube height=”500″ width=”800″]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WGGoxHSbvw[/youtube]
Some of these fascinating facts could be so surprising, you might have to Google them after watching the video above.
- If a Google employee dies, his or her spouse gets half pay for 10 years.
- The Google logo wasn't even centered on the page until 2001.
- In 2013, Google suffered a blackout that took down all of its services for five minutes.
This resulted in an estimated 40% drop in global Internet traffic.
- Employees at Google are called Googlers, and new employees at Google are called Nooglers.
Google's Nooglers are always good at using their noodle.
- 15% of Google searches each day have never been searched before.
Pat yourself on the back, because you're special.
[divider scroll_text=”Back To Top”]