Building and maintaining a strong, yet long-lasting marital relationship requires both spouses to put in a lot of effort. If you have been married for a while, then you probably know how fragile a marriage may be and how fast sunny days when you and your better half are happy together can turn into dark days of constant arguments. Sooner or later, many couples find their marriage on the rocks and how they solve their problem depends on them only. While some decide to file for divorce immediately, others prefer to fix their relationships and seek help from a professional therapist.
Couples therapy is one option that many spouses participate in to learn how to fix their troubled relationships. You can try it as well. However, you should understand that one or two one-hour sessions a week maybe not enough for you, especially if things come to such a pitch that you start looking for online divorce services.
This is when marriage counseling books can do the trick. Ideally, you and your better half should combine counseling and reading books; however, if you don’t feel like attending any sessions or simply cannot afford it right now, then you can always find a marriage counseling book that will help you and your soul-mate resolve your issues and conflicting situations tete-a-tete. Below, we have come up with the list of ten best books that are worth noticing:
- “After the Affair: Healing the Pain and Rebuilding Trust When Your Partner has been Unfaithful” by Janis A. Spring
- “Deal Breakers: When to Work On a Relationship and When to Walk Away” By Dr. Bethany Marshall
- “The Relationship Cure: A 5 Step Guide to Strengthening Your Marriage, Family, and Friendships” By John Gottman
- “When the Past Is Present: Healing the Emotional Wounds that Sabotage our Relationships” By David Richo
- “I Love You But I Don’t Trust You: The Complete Guide to Restoring Trust in Your Relationship” By Mira Kirshenbaum
- “Love, Sex and Staying Warm: Creating a Vital Relationship” By Neil Rosenthal
- “Intimacy and Desire: Awaken the Passion in Your Relationship” by Dr. David Schnarch
- “10 Lessons to Transform Your Marriage” by John Gottman & Julie Schwartz Gottman
- “Getting the Love you Want: A Guide for Couples” by Harville Hendricks
- “The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts” By Gary D Chapman
What Knowledge You Can Take from the Books
If you believe that there is nothing you don’t know about marital life, you are so wrong. The mentioned books will teach you how to deal with the conflicts your couple faces in everyday life in different, yet more effective ways. Sometimes, it may feel like everything is going with the flow and you cannot understand why your spouse is acting like that or your marriage is falling apart. Keeping your relationship alive is a skill that you never can bring to perfection. There is always room for improvement.
These top ten pieces will teach you and your better half how to stay passionate about each other, find common ground, and keep your romantic relationship alive for many years to come.
Throughout the pages, you will find lots of things that are similar to your particular situation. The produced information will serve as a guide on how to resolve your troubled situation peacefully. Also, you will discover your true-self so that you can decide on which aspects you should work harder. As soon as you make the necessary changes, your life will become brighter.
Conflict resolution strategies
It is hard to find a single married couple that doesn’t have arguments betweenwhiles. No matter how often you have conflicts, they leave an imprint on your marital life and you never know when they can destroy it. While you are not searching for the best divorce service yet, drill down what is written in the books, find useful tips and follow them to help your romance last.
Having using the received knowledge to improve your relationship and watching the latter getting stronger will give you a great chance to share your story with others who are currently preparing their divorce docs.
If you decide to read the books together with your better half, you will see how close you become to each other. While reading, you can discuss some points and share your opinions. Don’t neglect to talk with your soul-mate about everything you have learned for a better result. Remember that no couple-hood can be happy if there is a lack of talks between partners.