Fast and Furious 7: Insane First Clip Arrives
An extended trailer for the sixth highly anticipated sequel in the “Fast & Furious” series was released Thursday, less than one month before “Furious 7” drives into theaters nationwide. Many familiar faces like Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Ludacris, Tyrese and Paul Walker are back in the driver’s seat. But wait, there’s more! Joining the family for “Furious 7” is resident British baddie Jason Statham, former “Deathproof” driver Kurt Russell and rapper Iggy Azalea making her feature film debut.
[youtube height=”500″ width=”800″]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDxQPRnIMdA[/youtube]
The new extended trailer is mostly devoted to the main gang’s latest stunt, but stores a few quick surprises in the last minute. Here are six moments from the new trailer to watch out for:
1. The best aerial stunt in the series. Who cares why the crew is air-dropping expensive muscle cars from a plane? What counts is that film history now has the image of Ludacris, Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez flying in the air – with their cars.
2. More Paul Walker. After the death of one of the film’s stars, the cast and crew decided to honor his memory by including his character for “one last ride.” The production stuck with the footage they shot of Walker, used leftovers from the previous film “Fast & Furious 6,” body doubles and CGI to pull off the movie magic needed to keep his character in the film.
3. Poor Tyrese. His character Roman is always the butt of Tej’s (Ludacris) teasing, and the trailer is no exception. When Roman attempts to back out of the big car air jump at the last second, the tech savvy Tej intervenes with the best way he knows how.
4. The gang cleans up nicely. At about the 2:23 mark, there’s a brief moment where the cast of “Furious 7” looks like extras in a James Bond film. Do we get a casino scene in Dubai? Does Jason Statham get to play a Bond villain? Let me get my martini!
5. Family is going to play a very big part in “Furious 7.” This theme is going to be driven home probably more so than in the previous movies. The family is saying goodbye to one of their own who has been in the story since the beginning. There are a lot of shots in the trailer showing the group as a team.
6. Vin Diesel vs. Jason Statham. A fight scene with lead pipes already makes for pretty intense choreography, but in the hands of these two action veterans, it looks like a Transformers-sized showdown. Bring it on.
“Furious 7” hits theaters Friday, April 3.
This is the first time we’ve seen proper footage from the film outside of the trailers and so we’re glad to see Paul Walker in action in what will be his final film role.
The actor tragically died before the film was completed in 2013 and his brothers Caleb and Cody stepped in to help to complete his performance with help from CGI. His character Brian O’Conner will be written out of the series completely in ‘Fast and Furious 7’.
[divider scroll_text=”Back To Top”]