Indians usually go crazy over silly things but newly inaugerated Terminal 2 of Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport will really blow your mind away.
Seven years after the first decision was taken to rebuild Mumbai's dingy and congested Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, the wait is finally over. Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh inaugurated the state-of-the-art Terminal 2 or T2 on 10th Jan' 2014.
Watch this Video Narrated by Amitabh Bachchan, "T2 : Where Dreams Take Flight" is an exploration of the passion and philosophy that guided the T 2 project. The film takes viewers on a journey of discovery of the new terminal.
[youtube height=”500″ width=”800″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlGVM2DDilI[/youtube]
Some of the key features of the new terminal – T2 include
- Increase in passenger handling capacity from 32 million to 40 million annually
- Increase in aircraft parking stands to more than 100
- The Mithi river runs beneath the rebuilt runway
- It has 188 check-in counters, 72 arrival immigration desks (up from 40), 60 departure immigration desks (up from 38), 52 boarding gates (up from 20), 10,900 seats, 161 elevators, escalators and moving walkaways, 16 lounges, a day hotel, a transit hotel, and 10 baggage carousels and 102 toilets.
- It has more than 7000 work of art from in and around India. Took 3 years to curate.
- The new terminal will have 2300 CCTV cameras for passenger safety and 4100 public address speakers.
- At 4.4 million square feet, it’s one of the largest in the world.
[divider scroll_text=”Back To Top”]