Abraham Lincoln is remembered as one of the greatest American presidents of all time.
Abe Lincoln fought for equality within the US and was eventually assassinated on April 15th 1865.
Abraham Lincoln’s words will echo through eternity as he was looked up to as someone who always strived to be honest as often as possible with the people.
A number of Abraham Lincoln’s quotes are hung in locker rooms and classroom halls around the world as an inspiration and reminder for all who want to strive to live a purpose filled life.
Here are our favorite 30 Inspirational Abraham Lincoln Quotes for you to remember.
1. “Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.”
2. “When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.”
3. “Whatever you are, be a good one.”
4. “Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?”
5. “And in the end it is not the years in your life that count, it’s the life in your years.”
6. “That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.”
7. “I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down.”
8. “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.”
9. “It often requires more courage to dare to do right than to fear to do wrong.”
10. “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”
11. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.”
12. “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
13. “Those who look for the bad in people will surely find it.”
14. “I will prepare and some day my chance will come.”
15. “I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.”
16. “Every person’s happiness is their own responsibility.”
17. “The best way to predict your future is to create it”
18. “You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”
19. “I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.”
20. “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”
21. “You can tell the greatness of someone by what makes them angry”
22. “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.”
23. “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.”
24. “The better part of one’s life consists of his friendships.”
25. “Character is like a tree and reputation its shadow. The shadow is what we think it is and the tree is the real thing.”
26. “I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.”
27. “I am not concerned that you have fallen — I am concerned that you arise.”
28. “My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.”
29. “You can have anything you want if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose.”
30. “Life is hard but so very beautiful”
[divider scroll_text=”Back To Top”]