Wearing eyeglasses or contact lenses for vision correction is a must, but you also need to ensure that they are comfortable. Likewise, you also need to think if they are convenient, trendy, and within your budget. Whether you choose glasses or contact lenses – both need adequate care, so contemplate their pros and cons before making a final decision.
To help you in this process, stores like Lenskart offer home eye tests, frame trial at home, 3D try-on option and exciting offers including discount up to 70% on eyeglasses and sunglasses; computer glasses, summer shades, kids collection, first pair of eyeglasses, etc. at reduced rates. You can also subscribe to membership plans or use Lenskart coupons and promo codes to get additional perks and incredible savings. Besides Lenskart, brands like Titan Eye Plus, Coolwinks, ClearDekho, etc. store eyeglasses and contact lenses.
Decide which glasses or lenses suit your vision needs
Listed below are some of the products available on these stores (online as well as offline) that might help you in selecting specific eyeglasses and lenses.
Ultra-light, high-performance, corrosion-free glasses are made with durable and flexible materials that can be used regularly. These glasses are available in a variety of frames, rimless styles, or without frames.
Ultra-thin reading glasses help correct refractive errors caused by hardening of the eye lens, unclear vision, age-related conditions, near-sightedness, far-sightedness, etc. They also reduce eye strain, dry eye problems, and frequency of headaches.
These glasses guarantee to block 98% of harmful rays that are emitted from digital devices. Computer eyeglasses also help relieve eye strain and blurry vision, improve eyesight by optimizing brightness or contrast levels, and reduce headaches.
You can protect your eyes from harmful radiations like the ultraviolet rays by using tinted eyeglasses. These glasses reduce the radiation level and help you get a high-contrast visual experience where objects, colors, and details can be seen clearly.
Hey, sunglasses are not meant only for fashionable purposes. They protect our eyes from harmful sun rays or other radiation. They also decrease risks of macular degeneration, thereby providing an enhanced and comfortable vision.
Safety goggles are made with a protective shield and essentially used to resist dust, chemicals, and other harmful substances or work-related hazards. You can also wear contact lenses in less-risk areas or to avoid foggy conditions while working.
Disposable contact lenses
Categories are listed below
- Daily: can be worn for at least 16 hours regularly
- Two-weekly: to be replaced after two weeks and worn during day time
- Monthly: are thicker, more durable and can be worn for up to 7 days
- Day and night: preferably should be used for specific hours only
- Yearly: can be worn throughout the year, are stronger and more resistant
Contact lenses according to power
- Spherical contact lenses: are helpful to correct near or farsightedness
- Cylindrical power lens: are beneficial to people who have blurry vision
- Bifocal or progressive power: generally meant to solve aging-related issues
Contact lenses for specific purposes
- Dry eyes: reduce issues related to dry eyes and help to provide comfort
- Special-effect: used for theatre performances or with costumes
- Prosthetic lenses: are intended for injured or disfigured eyes
- Customized lenses: made according to a person’s optical requirements
Colored contact lenses
These are prescribed lenses available in clear or different colors and can be worn for 2-4 weeks without power. You can visit an optician to check for a proper fitting lens, which is safe and comfortable.
Before you choose an appropriate lens or eyeglass, remember to consider some of the following points:
- Tolerance: depending on the time you need to wear lenses or glasses, you need to ensure that they don’t irritate your eyes.
- Vision sharpness: Different lenses provide a varying level of clarity, so you need to check which ones suit you best.
- Purpose: Check if you need to wear glasses or contact lenses throughout the day, during night time, to change your eye color or just while reading.
- Comfort: Conditions like allergies, dry eyes, ulcers or infections need special care, therefore choose lenses or glasses that do not aggravate them.
In addition to taking care of your vision correction requirements, Lenskart helps customers use a buying guide before ordering products online. Titan Eye Plus stores eyeglasses, sunglasses, contact lenses, accessories, etc. and provides eye tests, virtual try-on services with offers including ₹250 off on using coupon code, 50% off on online orders. Coolwinks provide free goodies and exclusive rewards with every order and offers, including ₹1500 cashback on credit or debit card payments.
You can order glasses, lenses, sunglasses, accessories, and other eye care products from the brands mentioned above by using their app or website and redeem the coupon or promotional deals, bank offers, discount on partner apps, etc. to get additional perks, reward points, and mind-blowing savings.