There are many reasons why you may need to close an overseas bank account. In order to close a bank account in IDBI Bank you will have to follow some points given below.
- Collecting and filling up Account Closure from.
- Returning your Passbook, Debit Card, Credit Card, Cheque book.
- Submitting address proof and identity proof documents to the bank.
Procedure to close bank account in IDBI Bank:
1. The first thing you need to do is visiting your branch and ask for an account closure form which is available to you from any of the branch.
2. Fill that form with all the details which is asked to you in the form, and recheck the for to make sure you have filled everything correctly.
3. You will be asked to fill in various details like Account Number, your name, registered mobile number and mainly your signature.
4. You have to choose a method by which you are willing to receive the balance amount which is remaining in your account. The methods which are basically available are Cash, Cheque, Demand Draft and Balance transfer to other account.
5. Now you have completed your task to fill the form with all the details which is asked in the form and have chosen the method to receive you balance amount as well.
6. You have to submit few of the document to the officials and they are Address Proof and Identity proof documents.
7. Take the photocopies of the documents which you want to submit and make your signature on them to make them self attested. Because without your signature on them, those photocopies are not considered as valid ones.
8. Submit account closure form along with your documents to the branch manager and you are done with it, you have successfully closed your account. You will receive the balance which is remaining in your account.
So this was all about how you can close bank account in IDBI Bank.