Ram or Srī Rāmachandra is the seventh avatar of the god Vishnu. He is the central figure of the Hindu epic Ramayana, which is the principal narration of the events connected to his incarnation on Earth, his ideals, and his greatness. Rama is one of the many deities in Hinduism and especially of the various sects of Vaishnavism. Religious texts and scriptures based on his life have been a formative component in numerous cultures of South Asia and Southeast Asia.Along with Krishna, Rama is considered to be one of the most important avatars of Vishnu. In Rama-centric sects, he is considered the Supreme Being, rather than an avatar.
Interesting Facts About Lord Rama
1. Lord Rama’s name was given by Vashishtha Maharshi, the guru of the Raghu dynasty. His name had a significant meaning, as it’s composed of two “beeja aksharas” – the Agni Beeja (Ra) and the Amrutha Beeja (Ma). While the Agni Beeja served to vitalize his soul and body, the Amrutha Beeja rejuvenated him from all the fatigue.
2. according to some belief , Ram avatar is not considered to ve a purna avtar . his incarnation was having 14 Kalas and only Shri Krishna avatar has all 16 kalas. this was done on purpose coz Ravana had a boon & he was not immune against human being . if Rama avatar has been the Purna avtar he would not have classified as a human. he is also called as Purushottam . the 2 missing Kalas were Paripurna & Swarupavasthitha. this explains why he had to take help from monkeys and he cried as a normal human being when Sita was abducted.
3. Lord Rama’s name comes in at the 394th place of the Vishnu Sahasranama, which is a compilation of the thousand names of Lord Vishnu.
4. One day, Yama came in disguise of a Rishi in order to sought to meet Rama in private. But He put in a condition that anybody who intrudes their privacy should be given a death sentence. Lakshmana was given the task of managing the gates during their discussion. But unfortunately, Rishi Durvasa arrived then to meet Rama and demanded that He be let in at once or He threatened to destroy the entire city of Ayodhya. Lakshmana decided to accept the death sentence than to let the city get destroyed. Hence He entered Sri Rama’s chamber which made Rama to give death sentence to His beloved Lakshmana,but Sage Vashishta then advised Rama that disowning a loved one is equivalent to a death sentence. SLord Rama decided to disown Lakshmana who eventually left Him to depart for Vaikunta.
5. Lord Rama, as a child, once threw his toy playfully and it hit Manthara’s hunch back. Manthara took her revenge through Kaikeyi and sent Lord Rama on a 14-year exile.
6.Parshuram, another incarnation of Lord Vishnu, had once challenged Lord Rama to string Lord Vishnu’s bow. Lord Rama accepted the challenge and achieved the feat quite easily. Parshuram then realised that he was no ordinary human being.
7.Lord Rama had lifted and broken the bow of Lord Shiva during Sita’s Swayamvar – this fact has only been mentioned in Tulsidas’ Ramcharitmanas. Valmiki’s Ramayana doesn’t contain this fact.
8. When Lord Rama and Lakshman were searching for Sita in the forest, they had come across a demon, Kambadh whom they killed. Actually Kambadh had become a demon due to a curse. When Lord Rama went to burn his dead body, his soul was relived from the curse and he told him to do friendship with Sugreev.
9. Ram intended to use brahmastra a couple of times, Once, on Jayanta & 2nd time on Sagar (the god of Sea).
10. When Lord Rama, Sita and Laxmana were in exile in the Dandakaranya forest, Lord Rama and Sita had a swimming race. Lord Rama was well ahead of Sita in the race but decided to slow down and let her win because he wanted to see her happy.
11. Parshuram, another incarnation of Lord Vishnu, had once challenged Lord Rama to string Lord Vishnu’s bow. Lord Rama accepted the challenge and achieved the feat quite easily. Parshuram then realised that he was no ordinary human being.
12. The Death of Lord Rama – Rama would not die as Hanuman wouldnot allow Yama to enter Ayodhya in order to claim Rama. To divert Hanuman’s attention Rama dropped his ring through a crack in the floor and sent Hanuman to fetch it back for him. After going down Hanuman reached the land of serpents and asked the King for Rama’s ring. The king showed Hanuman a vault filled with rings all of which were Rama’s. He told a shocked Hanuman that when in the cycle of time a Rama is to die he drops a ring down the crack so that a Hanuman can be diverted from his guard.
Shocking Facts and Proof of Indian Ramayana God Lord Sri Rama and Sita‘s existence
Ramayan was 100% REAL – Shocking proofs
Real Proof Of Ramayana
एक श्लोकी रामायण हिंदी भावार्थ सहित
चतुः श्लोकी भागवत हिंदी भावार्थ सहित
हिन्दू मान्यताओ के अनुसार अमरत्व प्राप्त है इन ८ चिरंजीवियों को
जानिए माँ दुर्गा के ९ रूपो के बारे में | नवरात्री स्पेशल
Life Management Lesson from Samudra Manthan | Story in Hindi
14 amazing Facts You Should Know About Buddhism
रहीम दास के १५ लोकप्रिय दोहे हिंदी अर्थ सहित
15 amazing Facts You Should Know About Tirupati Balaji
If you like this post, Then please, share it in different social media. Help our site to spread out.
[divider scroll_text=”Back To Top”]