Paris is the capital and the most populous city of France. The city has an area of 105 km² (41 mi²) and a 2013 population of 2,229,621. making it the fifth-most populous city in the European Union by population within city limits. Paris is also the center and headquarters of the Île-de-France or Paris Region, which has an area of 12 012 square kilometers (4 638 square miles), and a 2014 population of 12 005 077, or 18.2 percent of the population of France.
Presenting 15 Rare & Old Photo’s of Paris | Mega Series Part 1
1. Hôtel de Ville – This has been the headquarters of the municipality of Paris since 1357, and is where the Mayor keeps office_c1850’s
2. Folies Bergère Backstage, 1952
3. Lady Liberty’s head on exhibit at the Paris Exposition_c.1878
4. Workers at Les Halles,Paris_c1907
5. Coco Chanel poses on a balcony in 1937
6. Panthéon – Built in the Latin Quarter of the city in 1758, the Panthéon is now a secular mausoleum taht looks out on all of Paris_c1850’s
7. The Poetic vision of Transsexuals in Paris in the 1960’s
8. Le Pont Marie, 1903 or 1904
9. Rue de Constantine_c.1866
10. Checking the emperor’s orders for the day_c.1859
11. During the year of 1960, the Eiffel Tower hosted 1,735,230 visitors.
12. High water under Pont Alexandre III as photographed in January of 1910.
13. A Chic Compact_1955
14. Arc de Caroussel_ c.1853
15. Old locomotive plows thru second story terminal of Montparnasse rail station in France_c.1898
Oldest Footage Of Paris Ever
Paris The Beautiful 1930s
Paris is often referred to as “The City of Light” (La Ville Lumière),both because of its leading role during the Age of Enlightenment, and more literally because Paris was one of the first European cities to adopt gas street lighting. In the 1860s, the boulevards and streets of Paris were illuminated by 56,000 gas lamps.Since the late 19th century, Paris has also been known as Panam(e) (pronounced: [panam]) in French slang.
Inhabitants are known in English as “Parisians” and in French as Parisiens [paʁizjɛ̃], pejoratively also called Parigots
15 Rare & Old Photo’s of Washington D.C.| Mega Series Part 2
15 Rare & Old Photo’s of Rome | Mega Series Part 3
15 Rare & Old Photo’s of London | Mega Series Part 3
15 Rare & Old Photo’s of Chicago | Mega Series Part 3
15 Rare & Old Photo’s of Los Angeles | Mega Series Part 2
15 Rare & Old Photo’s of Los Angeles | Mega Series Part 1
15 Rare & Old Photo’s of Las Vegas | Mega Series- Part 5
20 Rare & Old Photo’s of San Francisco | Mega Series Part 2
15 Rare & Old Photo’s of New York | Mega Series Part 1
If you like this post, Then please, share it in different social media. Help our site to spread out.
[divider scroll_text=”Back To Top”]