Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave his first speech in Lok Sabha during the joint session of Parliament.
Watch PM Modi First Loksabha Speech
Few notable points are being outlined below
- Will leave no stone unturned in implementing roadmap outlined by the President in his address
- We will empower the poor to enable them to fight poverty and come out of it.
- The government should work for the upliftment of the poor.
- Education is the tool to eradicate poverty. The govt’s agenda is clear – fight poverty with a new vigour.
- I am not here to criticize any government.
- There is immense potential in our villages. We have to tap it by connecting with information highway.
Time has come for India to stand tall.
- We are sincerely committed to bring down prices; it is our collective responsibility to ensure nobody sleeps hungry.
- Country needs real-time data on agri products to deal with price rise.
- Govt has to take strong action against incidents of violence against women like the recent one in UP.
- Security and respect for women should be the priority of all 125 crore people.
- The faster we get technology into agriculture we will stand to reap the benefits sooner.
- Women’s safety should be the top most priority of the country.
- Have to change our image as “Scam India” to “Skilled India.” We have to focus on skill development.
Way to go PM Modi.