This article will help you to respond to an islamic preacher who says islam dignified women. Women are also treated differently in every aspect of everyday life! In a devout Islamic nation like Saudi Arabia, women can’t drive, can be charged with a crime when they are raped and, will finally be allowed to vote in 2015, and don’t forget that anywhere a woman goes, they must bring along a male “guardian”.
Yet, are feminists raging against Islam? No, they spend their time arguing that conservatives want to enslave them. They argue that conservatives seek to silence them and steal away their rights. American feminists fight conservatives because they fear that we will make our nation like those in the Islamic world… instead of fighting to free the Islamic world women from real evil. Feminists in western nations are like rodeo clowns – pretending to fight danger when in reality they are simply distracting us all from the REAL dangers out there.
As a matter of fact what drove me to write this article are the Islamic Preachers in the western world, their untruthful claims about Islam to embellish its images using the ignorance of the western communities regarding Islam, claiming that Islam is a peaceful religion (you can refer to a previous article by me regarding ISIS and Islam). They also claim that it accepts other religions and that it dignifies women. The problem is that people with little knowledge of Islam believe that and others who see the actions of Muslims refuse to accept these kinds of emotional speeches by the Islamic preachers but they don’t know how to respond to them, in this article I will provide some arguments you can use in a debate with a Muslim. It’s also useful for a person who wishes to learn about the issue of Islam and women.
Each point will be documented in the document below.
1. Islam permitted beating a woman by her husband, Islam defenders claim that God didn’t mean a hard beating, even though the verse didn’t specify the way of beating, but beating is beating weather hard or soft. What kind of a life will I have with my wife if I beat her ?
2. Polygamy, a Muslim man can marry four women, actually Islam looks at marriage from a sexual not and a spiritual way. This is apparent from the procedures followed in the marriage which I will explain in a point below.
3. A woman can’t lead in Islam, I mean the political leading, Muhammad the prophet of Islam claimed that no nation will succeed if led by a woman. What a great respect he had for women! I wonder what he will be saying if he comes back to life to see how women lead countries nowadays!
4. Women have defective minds and testimony.
5. Marriage, a woman can’t get married without the consent of her father, actually his will is what matters in the end.
6. Her father must be paid a dowry, even though it’s not clear who should receive the dowry, but either way its disgusting. The idea of paying her father is actually buying the girl, while paying her is also disgusting. Why should I pay her to marry her ? What about love ? Is she a whore to get paid ?
7. Divorce, the Muslim man has the permission to end the marriage in one word “Taleq” that’s all it takes, he actually has 3 shots, he can get her back in first and the second time within 3 months but he can’t get her back after the third time.
But she can’t divorce him! Actually if she asked him to divorce her without a reason she will go to hell not heaven.
8. A Muslim woman can’t marry a non-Muslim.
9. If her husband asked her to bed, to have sex, she doesn’t have the right to refuse. And if she does the angels will be cursing her until she wakes up, besides its one of the reasons to beat the woman according to the source provided with point number 1.
This case we call raping nowadays, but Muslim men call it their right. It’s only a sexual relationship indeed.
10. Veil or Burqa, she must cover her body and hair and her face in the burqa because her body is tempting to men!
So she doesn’t have the right to divorce; she will get paid for the marriage; she can’t refuse to have sex; a man can marry other three women; she must cover her body and hair. What kind of marriage is that? Is it marriage or slavery?
11. Slave women; a man can buy and sell a slave woman. A woman is considered as a slave if she was taken in a battle, or if she was born to a slave mother. But a man also has the right to have intercourse with her since he bought her with his money! He can also send her as a gift to another man. What a respectful way of treating women!
The slave must be Christian or a Jewish.
Muhammad didn’t have any respect for women. He married 12 wives during his lifetime, 11 at the same time, besides one of them was 9 years old when he married her!
1: Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband’s] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance – [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand. – Surat An-Nisa’ [verse 34]
2: And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of [other] women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one or those your right hand possesses. That is more suitable that you may not incline [to injustice]. – Surat An-Nisa’ [verse 3].
Many Muslim men at Muhammad’s era got married to more than one woman.
3: “A people who make a woman their ruler will never be successful” – Reported by Al-Bukhari, the book of Judgments.
4: “I did not see more defective in respect of reason and religion than the wise of you (women). A woman asked: What is the defect of reason and religion ? He replied: The defect of reason is the testimony of two women for one man, and the defect of faith is that one of you does not fast during Ramadan*”. – Sunan Abi Dawud, the book of Model Behavior of the prophet.
*Muslim women don’t fast during their period but they make it up after Ramadan.
5: Bring to witness two witnesses from among your men. And if there are not two men [available], then a man and two women from those whom you accept as witnesses – so that if one of the women errs, then the other can remind her. – Surat Al-Baqarah [Verse Number 282].
6: “The marriage of a woman who marries without the consent of her guardians is void. (He said these words) three times. If there is cohabitation, she gets her dower for the intercourse her husband has had. If there is a dispute, the sultan (man in authority) is the guardian of one who has none”. – Narrated by Aisha, the book of Nikah (Marriage).
7: So for whatever you enjoy [of marriage] from them, give them their due compensation as an obligation. – Surat An-Nisa’ [Verse Number 24].
8: Divorce is twice. Then, either keep [her] in an acceptable manner or release [her] with good treatment. – Surat Al-Baqarah [Verse Number 229].
As you see, it is the man who has the choice here.
9: “If any woman asks her husband for divorce without some strong reason, the odour of Paradise will be forbidden to her.” – the book of talaq*, from Sunan abi Dawud.
*talaq means divorce
10: And do not marry polytheistic men [to your women] until they believe. – Surat Al-Bararah [Verse Number 221].
11: "If a man calls his wife to his bed and she refuses, and thus he spends the night angry with her, the angels continue cursing her till the morning." – Al-Bukhari and Muslim, the book of forbidden actions.
12: Asma, daughter of AbuBakr, entered upon the Messenger of Allah (saws) wearing thin clothes. The Messenger of Allah (saws) turned his attention from her. He said: O Asma', when a woman reaches the age of menstruation, it does not suit her that she displays her parts of body except this and this, and he pointed to his face and hands. – Narrated by Aisha, the book of clothing.
13: And they who guard their genitals. Except from their wives or those their right hands possess*, for indeed, they will not be blamed. – Surat Al-Mu’minun [Verses 5-6]
*His hand possess the girl means that he owns her as his property.
14: "The Messenger of Allah married me when I was six, and consummated the marriage with me when I was nine, and I used to play with dolls." – Narrated by Aisha, the book of Nikah (Marriage).
What do you think of this Story ? We want to hear from you! Share your comments below.
Credit: AMER MANASRA
H/T : atheistrepublic.com
[divider scroll_text=”Back To Top”]